Walmart is actively working to expand existing stores and build new stores, bringing quality, value-priced merchandise and new job opportunities to communities across Oregon. Below are lists and brief descriptions of our proposed new stores and expansion of existing stores in Oregon.
New Walmart Supercenters
- Albany, Ore. – A new 185,891 square-foot Supercenter is under construction at 1300 Goldfish Farm Road SE.
- Medford, Ore. – A new 175,000 square-foot Supercenter has received final approval for construction from Oregon’s Supreme Court. Construction is expected to begin July 2011.
- The Dalles, Ore. – Walmart has received approval to construct a new Supercenter near Interstate 84.
- Portland, Ore. – Walmart is seeking approval from the City of Portland for a new, 90,000-square-foot Supercenter at the Hayden Meadows shopping center.
New Walmart Neighborhood Markets
- Beaverton, Ore. – A new Neighborhood Market has been proposed at 17275 NW Cornell Road. Walmart is working with the City of Beaverton to receive the necessary permits needed for construction of the market.
- Gresham, Ore. – Walmart has proposed renovating an existing vacant 40,000-square-foot retail building into a Neighborhood Market at 3900 W Powell Boulevard.
- Lake Oswego, Ore. – A new Neighborhood Market has been proposed at 17711 Jean Way in Lake Oswego. Walmart is working with the City of Lake Oswego to receive the necessary permits needed for remodeling the existing building.
- West Linn, Ore. – A new Neighborhood Market is being constructed at the Robinwood Shopping Center at 19133 Willamette Drive in West Linn.
Expansion of Existing Walmart Stores to include full service grocery departments
- Bend, Ore. – Walmart has received land use approval for the expansion of its store located at 20120 Pinebrook Boulevard and is working with the City of Bend to finalize construction permits.
- Cottage Grove, Ore. – Walmart has received land use approval for the expansion of its store at 901 Row River Road and is working with the City of Cottage Grove to finalize construction permits.
- Dallas, Ore. – Walmart intends to bring full-service grocery to its store at 3321 NE Kings Valley Highway.
- Hood River, Ore. – Walmart is working with the City of Hood River to expand its store at 2700 Wasco Street.
- Newport, Ore. – Walmart has begun construction to expand its store at 160 NW 25th Street and hopes to complete the expansion in 2012. The store will remain open during construction.
- Portland, Ore. – The 4200 SE 82nd Avenue Store is now under construction.
- Roseburg, Ore. – The 2125 NW Stewart Parkway store is now under construction.
Want to learn more about Walmart stores? Click here.